Re: [Amc-list] Weber Carbs for the 258

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Wayne E LaMothe wrote:

> If you want to keep it simple, go to Turner 4WD and buy a NEW Carter.
> Someone has retooled for the Carter and it is the non stepper version.

NEW!?! That's really great. Yeah, that woudl be the fastest, easiest
way. The Weber is great, but you have to FIDDLE it to get it set up.
Once done it's fine and bottom end and midrange are better than anything
else I've driven. But unless you want the project, and expense, the BBD
is better.

> I had a Weber on it but did not like all the
> airflow noise with the tiny air cleaner.  I live on top of a mountain so
> it got too annoying listening to it.

NO KIDDING!!! Man, it's NOISY! I hacked up an old AMC airbox though and
solved that, lookie-here:

http://wps.com/AMC/1970-AMC-Hornet/Weber-air-box/