Re: [Amc-list] light flywheels, T-5, Volvos, AMC content

Re: [Amc-list] light flywheels, T-5, Volvos, AMC content

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" Basically, this guy switched from a 24 lb flyweel to an 8 lb
" (eight!), which calculates (this is the drag-race interest
" part) to the equivelant of removing 321 lbs of mass from his
" car. Having to spin up a heavy flywheel is WORSE than the
" same amount of mass just sitting in the car. He lost a bit of
" 'parking lot' drivability but not much else.

he probably lost more than 'a bit'...	;^>
but he sounds pretty race-oriented.

" PS: where exactly is the AMC number on (manual trans)
" flywheels? I have what I beleive is a 304 flywheel but I can't
" find the AMC number on it.  There's no balance weights so I
" assume it's a 304. Came with my T-150/OD.

all v8s are externally balanced, even the 304, so if it doesn't have a
weight it must be a six flywheel.  i think they're all the same
general weight.