Re: [Amc-list] building my 70'sst javelin

Re: [Amc-list] building my 70'sst javelin

Jerry,
  Here's my 2 cents worth, also.

  While the 440 would have a cool factor, I agree with the sell the BIG mopar and get a BIG AMC.  For what you could get for the 500 cid mopar, there are 400+ HP built 401's on Ebay and Craigslist (Arizona).  Or get one of the guys on the AMC-List to build you a 401.

  As for AMC 401 speed parts ... CHECK EBAY ... they're out there.  KB pistons on 401 rods for example are on Ebay for a steal.

  You can get BIG VALVE AMC heads, redone from Indy Racings AEROHEAD division for $599 with BIG MOPAR valves and screw in studs.  Small chamber heads are $150 extra.  The parts are out there.

  Here's everything AMC 401 on Craigslist, for example :  http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/sd.cgi?cat=pts&fil=amc+401

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><

Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Sounds like a great idea Jerry, pop that big block Mopar between those
spring towers.
I hope you aren't too disappointed when you find out that you're the only
one that thinks it's cool.
Remember if you blow by them with an AMC V-8 for power, it embarrasses them
even further!
About not finding any used speed parts for the AMC engine, where are you
looking? Ebay is full of stuff. Used intake manifolds, a Torker would work
great, used Holley carburetors are plentiful on Ebay. Try about a 650 or 750
vacuum secondaries with a double pumper, you don't really want a used cam
any way, would you? Heck, there's new old stock cams on ebay right now. I
found a set of headers on ebay, The list goes on...............
You would serve yourself much better if you resold the 440 Mopar for a nice
profit and invested that money in a rebuild and performance parts for the
401.
Just my two cents....
Armand