Re: [Amc-list] Yep 7500 w/points

Send pics of the wheelies and the time slips. You shoudl be #1 with times like that in pure stock.
   Good for you! And On points I am truely impressed. I don't know of anyone else that I have ever heard of doing as well as you are Ron. That is really cool

amxron@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  L-88 points and the spring from a second set, hard on the rubbing block though. The chevy guys had this down pat, they had to turn rpms to win in class. My 3075 lb AMX goes mid 12's as a PURE Stock (Don't want to cut it up) only non AMC parts are the headers and offset cam key, no porting, Motorcraft carb, iron intake etc. Spent more money on the Lakewood, clutch and Henrys axles than the whole motor. Now that 11.50 is allowed w/o a rollbar I may spend a few hundred and go in the 11.50's. Still won't need a billet dist though.........
Good luck w/your Gremlin,

amxron
70 AMX
70 Hornet