Re: [Amc-list] blasting media??

Is there a Harbor Freight store in your neck of the woods? I got my
glass bead media there. The glass bead worked great on the parts I
cleaned up but it does take some time.

Eastwood does have a good selection of media (and their prices on blast
cabinets aren't bad, they were about middle of the road on the one I
just got) but I suspect shipping ain't free.

Matt

On 4/28/2008 2:04 AM, d stohler spouted this sage advice:
> ok, i bought a portable sand blaster a couple weeks
> ago, and got some silica sand with it. i played with
> it just a few min to see how it worked. then i started
> hearing the bad stories about silica in the lungs. and
> also the silica sand is way more abrasive than i want.
> i have a couple of questions for some of you who do
> sandblasting.
>
> q#1: what is the best media to use for stripping
> paint, not harming the metal under, and braking up
> minor rust.
>
> q#2: where can i order blasting media as i have no
> place in town to get anything other than silica sand,
> or beach sand....
>
> i need a media for my 1953 schwinn panther to strip
> the paint off of. then after that is done, i need to
> do some blasting on casper. that has some rust that
> needs to be knocked off.
>
> i plan to build a little blasting cabinet if i dont
> buy one with a vacume for working smaller parts.
> otherwise, will probably use it just outside the shop
> for the bike frame and car.
>
> dave stohler
> http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

mhaas@xxxxxxx