[Amc-list] blasting media??

ok, i bought a portable sand blaster a couple weeks
ago, and got some silica sand with it. i played with
it just a few min to see how it worked. then i started
hearing the bad stories about silica in the lungs. and
also the silica sand is way more abrasive than i want.
i have a couple of questions for some of you who do
sandblasting.

q#1: what is the best media to use for stripping
paint, not harming the metal under, and braking up
minor rust.

q#2: where can i order blasting media as i have no
place in town to get anything other than silica sand,
or beach sand....

i need a media for my 1953 schwinn panther to strip
the paint off of. then after that is done, i need to
do some blasting on casper. that has some rust that
needs to be knocked off.

i plan to build a little blasting cabinet if i dont
buy one with a vacume for working smaller parts.
otherwise, will probably use it just outside the shop
for the bike frame and car.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules