Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 16, Issue 61

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:35:27 -0500
From: "Armand  Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 70' javelin  sst for sale.
To: <gbodydude@xxxxxxxxx>,    "AMC/Rambler  owners,drivers and fans."
<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I would love to get a hold  of this 70 Javelin. Anyone have an idea of the
cost of getting it shipped to  Minnesota??
Armand

This is my first attempt at responding to a question on the list but I have
been reading the list for a couple of years. If I don't do it right, point  me
in the right direction.

I have had two 70 Javelins shipped to central Illinois. The first one was
from New York. I used a company called Maple Tree Transportation out of Goshen
In. IIRC I paid the transporter 550 and the dispatcher 150. If I had known how
 to find them without a dispatcher I could have saved the 150. The second car
was  shipped from Salinas, Ca. (a car I bought from Joe Fulton). It was a
similar  experience. I found a shipper on the web and ended up paying a
dispatcher. The  total was around 850. I can't find the paper work on who the actual
company was.  BTW it cost a premium since neither car was running.