Re: [Amc-list] My 18 year old kid is liking the 330

--- Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The booster pump is probably bad. If you don't want
> to get another get a vacuum storage canister or ball
> from a newer vehicle and install it between the
> wiper motor and manifold. Early 80s four cylinder
> Jeep Cherokees had a quart size "juice can" that
> looks period under the hood. Newer vehicles have a
> small softball size vac storage vessel. It's good
> for vac motors on heater valves and such, but not
> much for wipers -- it's only about a pint size.

I have one of the vacuum storage balls off of the
Eagle which Bruce is welcome to, for the cost of
shipping.  That would let him clean bathrooms on
Saturday instead of going to that dirty old junkyard.

> My wife thought it amusing when one of the
> neighborhood teen girls fell in love with my 63
> American (no longer have, had it for sale at the
> time).

When I had the 63 Rambler on my trailer in front of my
house for several weeks (the car that Tom J. has now)
one of my neighbors fell in love with it.  She wanted
to buy it and I urged her not to, because I knew it
had maintenance issues and would need someone savvy
like Tom to own it.  I could just picture her trying
to figure out that twin-stick overdrive.  I had never
driven one either and wasn't sure I could even teach
her how to use it properly.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA