[Amc-list] big nut, final words...

BFD.

That's all I gotta say. With the two big wrenches, it wasn't
hard at all. I tightened it with the car on jackstands in a
driveway, there wasn't enough height to do it easily but that
just meant it took longer.  The last two strokes I did with my
foot standing outside the car.

It's probably around 200 ft/lbs, when I get the oil changed
in a month or so, and the car's on a lift, I'll pull out the
wrenches for the last tighten stroke.

One other thing about this axle setup is that you hang
the driveshaft on it's two spline ends (rear, trans) then
youhave to pull the rear, hanging on its' rear shackles, up
and forward. PITA! I tried jacking etc but the solution was
EASY! -- I use one of those ratchet nylon web cargo straps,
went from rear crossmember under the pumpkin housing, cranked
it up until the fromt spring perches fell onto the chassis
studs. Easy! I had the axle on a jack, up a bit. Never even
took the tires off. I have photos.

Slightly harder than a late-model open driveline, but not much.