Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 OHV head bolt dimensions

Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 OHV head bolt dimensions

OK I screwed up royally on the bolts. Thanks for the poke, Frank!

A month or so ago I pulled a head from a 1963 classic 195.6. The head
had definitely been off and rebuilt once, so it may not be as AMC
intended. I saved all the bolts and everything. Here's what I have:

1 - 4-1/4" long
4 - 5"
2 - 4-1/2"
2 - 4-1/2" stud
5 - 3-5/8" (could be 3-1/2, greasy bolt clean fingers didn't pull washer off)

otherwise as stated (head, thread, etc). The threaded portion
of the short bolts is shorter.

I know the motor in my AMerican didn't have this hardware store
assortment. There was long, and short.

45 years is a long time....