-------------
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, d stohler wrote:
> so, does anyone know off top of their head the size
> bolt for the 196 head? my casper is sitting 45 miles
> the WRONG way, and i am going to town in the morning.

OK Dave, you owe me a beer/coffee/poison of my choice:  :-)

grade 8
5/8" wrench size, plain hex head
5" overall (under head to end)
7/16"-14 thread, .390" shaft
threaded portion, only last 1-1/8"
oversized shoulder, .434", top 1/2" of shaft under head

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"