Re: [Amc-list] Junkyard Definition

For what it's worth, perhaps SOME of the problems could be diverted if more so-called 'junk yards' were more like the one I saw in Riverton, Wyoming several years ago.  I passed by that back lot, thinking it was the stock for the old used car lot that was closed up for a few years.  The grass was neatly groomed, the cars were parked at an angle, as they would have been in a parking lot, there were no engines or body parts strewn about... just a neat lot full of cars.  One day, passing more slowly, I noticed those cars were missing parts!  It was a JUNK YARD!  I was SHOCKED, and went to the fence to look more closely.  They really WERE junk cars, but the place was neatly kept, and wasn't an eye sore at all.

I have a Vermont Junk Yard, too.  However, only one of my cars isn't tagged.  (Wonder why I was so anxious to get the h*ll out of that state?????)