Re: [Amc-list] big a** wrenches

Sorry, quick read!! Another thing though, I'm pretty sure I should have said 1966, not 1967. 66 should be the last year the "big nut" driveshaft was used -- first year of the 199. 65 was the last for the 196 (both versions).

------------
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:19:49 -0400
From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>

What I said was my 67 American with 199 *doesn't* have a big nut rear
end. The parts book doesn't show this setup either.

Matt

On 3/31/2008 1:46 PM, Frank Swygert spouted this sage advice:
As Matt stated, only 67 and earlier cars with 196 or 199 used it. I
think AMC used it behind 67 199s just to use up stock on hand.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"