Re: [Amc-list] Gears & Hummers

" From: amxron <amxron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Most 67up V-8 Auto cars had 2.87, 3.15(rare opt.) V-8 sticks 3.54 FSJ's 3.08,
" Chief 3.54  CJ's 3.54, 4.09 very rare, in the 80's gears went into the 2's.
" Most Hummers had  about a 2.20 but, they also had gear reduction hubs to
" double the ratio.

all the doco i've seen indicate 2.56 and 2.73 just like amc cars and
jeeps.  it's been a while though.

" The 3.08 HV is pretty rare but, interesting... I'd bet it's
" a 3 series carrier, don't think they would tool up a special r&p for it.

it would make sense for the military!  they'd avoid having to tool up
a special 3-series torsen diff carrier housing just for the hv, and
stocking both the 2-series and 3-series in forward maintenance
locations.  and the only difference in the r&p would be the thickness
of the ring gear.  the teeth are the same and the pinion is completely
unchanged.

" Somebody needs to check a HV parts dept catalog!

agreed!