---------------
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:58:57 -0400
From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

With the water pump and harmonic balancer done, I want to take a
little time and torque the head. I have the TSM and the sequence and
the specs. I think it shouldn't be that bad - and I figure I should
torque it before installing the valve cover gasket anyway.

So - bring it up to running temp (if I read right)
Follow the sequence in the TSM
   (anyone have it in PDF so I could print it and put a copy on the
fender? If not, I'll just copy
    from the TSM)
Torque to specs in the TSM

Question is - are bar torque wrenches accurate enough? Mine is a
little, ahem, old (a Craftsman from when I messed with a Karmann Ghia
about 25 years ago). Are dial torque wrenches more accurate?

Also, when torqueing - you back off the bolt a little bit first, then
torque it, right?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"