Re: [Amc-list] E-85 Conversion and bio-diesal

Re: [Amc-list] E-85 Conversion and bio-diesal

My son sold a small wooden sailboat he fixed up a while ago. The guy
that bought it had a big Ford 4 door pickup he converted to SVO
(straight vegetable oil, or French Fry Grease). The truck had 2 fuel
tanks. He warmed the truck up with diesel, then switched to SVO after
it was warm. He switched back to diesel before getting home or to work
to clear the SVO out of the lines. He bought a Volkswagen Jetta diesel
for his wife, and converted that to SVO as well. He had a second tank
mounted in the trunk of the Jetta.

He got his oil from a local Chinese restaurant, and had more SVO than
he could  burn in his two vehicles. That made me really think about my
old 1959 Mercedes 190D (think it was a '59) with a four speed column
shifted transmission. I don't think older diesels can run SVO, though
- not without changing out all the hoses.

Anyway - keep researching it! You might find a local free source of
vegetable oil to fuel your company's trucks.