Re: [Amc-list] E-85 Conversion (forgedaboutit)

Re: [Amc-list] E-85 Conversion (forgedaboutit)

" From: "Bruce Hevner" <scramblr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" " http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?ch=specialsections&sc=
" biofuels&id=18443&a=
"
" i got an error when i tried to pull this pg up.
"
" Hmmm, don't know why it worked (and worked from this post).

worked for me this time...

" and even if we switched all gasoline vehicles to butanol, we still
" consume far too much.  sufficient acreage to fill current demands would
" be difficult to come by, never mind the economic spillover as production
" competes for space with food crops.
"
" Not necessarily true if you add low THC Hemp in the mix. There are
" THOUSANDS of acres of land not really suitable for growing other crops
" that COULD be used to grow Hemp. We IMPORT Hemp from Canada but are not
" allowed to GROW it here!! What's wrong with THAT picture?? And shouldn't
" we do EVERYTHING we can to reduce oil imports???

perhaps there are thousands of acres unsuitable for other crops, but
we'll need -millions- if not -billions- of acres to feed our liquid
fuel appetite.  i don't think there's -that- much spare acreage lying
around.

i'm not against hemp.  i have a very comfortable hemp-fiber hammock...