Re: [Amc-list] E-85 Conversion and bio-diesal

Re: [Amc-list] E-85 Conversion and bio-diesal

Converting your diesal to dio-diesal isn't as easy as
just dumping the stuff into yer tank.
I have not done this personally but I have followed
the "trend" rather closely, as there will probably
come a time when I will do so and I don't want to be
caught with my britchs down.
As I understand it, the biggest obstacle in using
French Fry Grease, for lack of a better term, is to
warm it first. Some people run regular diesal from a
small seperate tank to get going then switch to FFG
after it warms for the rest of the trip. You have to
slightly modify your fuel delivery size and do some
timing issues. But that is it as far as I know. If
someone knows first hand, please post as I follow all
the bio-fuel for future referance, plus I am trying to
convince my boss to retro fit his trucks. Bio-fuel is
big around here, but is actually more expensive than
regular diesal.
So since FFG isn't as easy as just dumping in the
fuel, neither is E85, though everything is worth
taking seriously as the writing is on the wall towards
alternate fuels......Russ