Re: [Amc-list] Motor Oil & Filter Confusion (where do I start)

Re: [Amc-list] Motor Oil & Filter Confusion (where do I start)

" From: "Bruce Hevner" <scramblr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" What is  "low Zinc" oil on the shelf? Look for the circle with the "API
" Certified for gasoline engines" in it. This is a LOW ZINC oil and should
" be used in roller engines only (according to the Shell Engineer). Low
" Zinc oil will be approx 600- 800 or less, some MUCH less.

you forgot to mention what the api cert should be!  most oil today is
api cert 'sm' and that's the low zinc stuff.  'si' and earlier [like
the walmart 'sf'] is the high stuff.  for diesel oil, 'ci' is high,
'cj' lower.