From: Frank Swygert [mailto:farna@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:20 AM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Late-model AMC Radiator Hose Problem

Hope you told them the Dayco fits right! That ought to get them moving!!
I'ts pretty darned easy to make a hose a bit longer, and easy to trim a
little if too long on one end for some models. That might be the
approach Dayco took -- some models may take the shorter hose. Dayco may
have picked the longer hose on purpose, but then again they may have got
lucky...

In any case, thanks a lot for the heads up, I'll look for a Dayco next
time!

--------------
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:57:05 -0400
From: "Graham, George W (GE Infra, Energy)" <george.graham@xxxxxx>

Seems all the usual brand's catalogs
list the same hose for pretty much all '77-and-up AMC 6-cylinder
passenger cars.  However, hoses sold under the Gates and Goodyear brand
are too short (by about 1.5 inches) on the
thermostat end to fit properly (or at all, for that matter).   Wonder if
this is due to one of those pesky "part number consolidation" things
pushed by the Gates bean counters.   I did send Gates the info on my
problem; we'll see if I get any reply.

Good news is that the Dayco brand hoses still fit OK (for now, anyway).
Dayco hoses are also sold by PartsAmerica/Advance Auto under their
"Drive-Rite" brand.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"