From: Jim Blair [mailto:carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:17 AM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Late-model AMC Radiator Hose Problem

Try these numbers and pics (with info)
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=430&CatId=2&SubCatId=2

From: "Graham, George W (GE Infra, Energy)" <george.graham@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Late-model AMC Radiator Hose Problem
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

All:

Just thought I'd send out an FYI regarding my recent search for an upper
radiator hose for my '77 Gremlin.   Seems all the usual brand's catalogs
list the same hose for pretty much all '77-and-up AMC 6-cylinder
passenger cars.   No problem there.   However, hoses sold under the
Gates and Goodyear brand are too short (by about 1.5 inches) on the
thermostat end to fit properly (or at all, for that matter).   Wonder if
this is due to one of those pesky "part number consolidation" things
pushed by the Gates bean counters.   I did send Gates the info on my
problem; we'll see if I get any reply.

Good news is that the Dayco brand hoses still fit OK (for now, anyway).
Dayco hoses are also sold by PartsAmerica/Advance Auto under their
"Drive-Rite" brand.   I'm buying a few extras now for my Eagles, just in
case.

George Graham