[Amc-list] welding a Borla

Just got a freebie Borla exhaust header!
It's got a hole in the donut seal area from a torch burn and it it is cracked at the 2-1 joint.
It's not too bad and I want to weld it up and either use it on my wife's XJ or the American.
Anyone have nay tips on what I should use to weld it up with?
I welded up a factory HO tube with my mig and the commom [forget designation] mild steel wire.
It is holding up fine.
Should I do the same with this? do I need to find a special wire? Sub it out to a welding shop?
send it back to Borla and see if they will fix it?
I sent this out to several groups as I figure someone will have an idea.
Left to my own devices, I'd probably just weld it with what I have as honestly the "stainless" of this Borla does not look one bit better than the stuff Mopar used on the HO tubes!!!
It's still a nicer looking piece.
I'll probably ditch the donut area on it as I did the one on the American.
Any idea of what gains Borla claims out of one of these?
Can't beat the price:]

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV