Re: [Amc-list] Blow thru turbo on 258 1969 rambler

Re: [Amc-list] Blow thru turbo on 258 1969 rambler

Russell,
Welcome to the list. It's good to have another turbo fan here. I've wanted
to put a twin turbo 401 in my Javelin for years. I'll probably never get it
done but it's fun thinking about it.
Some suggestions worth considering for your (and I assume it's an American)
69 Rambler project are stiffer front and a rear anti sway bar.
Even if you are using the car for drag racing only I understand stiffer
bars, and a rear bar  will help keep the body roll to a minimum and keep
both rear tires planted. Any way another suggestion is install some kind of
traction bars or something on the back suspension to control wheel hop, with
a turbo 258 you may need it. Don't cut coils out of the spring on the front
if you want to lower it, just fabricate a plate out of 1/2" to one inch
thick steel to space the spindle higher in relation to the upright and
you've got a nice 1-1/2 to 2 inch drop without sacrificing suspension
travel.

Just curious, what are you using for a blow through carburetor?

Armand