Re: [Amc-list] eagle rear end HELP/ADVISE wanted

The Comanche rear axle isn't a bolt in for the Eagle. You have to cut off the old springpads, which are on the bottom of the MJ axle and weld new ones on top 1 1/2" outboard from the MJ ones (same place the XJ ones go) I have done a couple already as you may have guessed. <G>

From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] eagle rear end HELP/ADVISE wanted
To: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,	"AMC/Rambler
	owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Eddie,
  The 4-speed 151 should have a 3.54:1 ratio.  My buddy had the 151/4-speed Eagle in highscool.  I had the Spirit 1.51/auto (3.08:1).  He could ALWAYS beat me off the line ... I hated that, LOL!

  My dad has 2 Eagle parts cars.  One is a 1980 with full time 4wd.  258/4-speed car.  The other is a 1983 258/5-speed car.  Both are located here in Michigan ... a we bit of a drive from Tehas.

  The Eagle rearends a bit wider than the 2WD cars, if I remember correctly.  Kind of like a Wide Track Eagle rearend, LOL!

  I think that a Commanche Dana 44 (Metric Ton) will bolt in, also.

  If I remember correctly, the code might be stamped into the machined surface of the differential housing, to the right of the diff cover.  Check there, also.

  Greg Taylor :)  <><