Re: [Amc-list] Eagle rear diff difaffembly

Re: [Amc-list] Eagle rear diff difaffembly

Frank,
   Don't forget the gearing in that T5.
It's got a 4-1 first
IIRC the OD is about .8.

So I would think the 3:08 would be as steep a gear as one would want.
I run that geared trans with 3:31 and a 255/60/15.
So going to the smaller Eagle tires and 3:08 would be close.
In fact I believe my speedo gear was about correct to have been from a 3:08 geared Hornet.
I would not want a gear any steeper unless I built a 2.95 or 3.3? geared T5 with a .6  OD.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>