Re: [Amc-list] The '65 American 330 cranks - now to figure why it won't

Re: [Amc-list] The '65 American 330 cranks - now to figure why it won't start

Uh, you've done a lot to get this car roadworthy.
Do the tuneup!
You'll likely not get it running on those plugs, Old points have a tendacy to short and not work well.
Replace it all, but buy cheap plugs.
I'd put a pertronix unit in it and be done with the points.
depends on funds though.

First check on the horn is to lay a ground wire on the shaft and touch a good ground point on the body.
The horn grounds thru th ecolumn shaft and sometimes after sitting for years it can't ground.
I've seen several ways to combat this.
It was not the most billiant idea, grounding thru a greasy steering box?

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>