---------------
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:40:58 -0600
From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for all the info! I pulled all the plugs, cleaned them, cranked it, popped 'em back in. I then pulled the number one plug and held it against the valve cover and didn't get any spark. I then ran the wire from the coil to a plug, held it against the valve cover - no spark.

I had wanted to try starting it before doing a full tune-up just to hear it run - but you guys are right. That's the wrong way to do it. I'll replace the plugs, spark plug wires, points, condenser, rotor and distributer cap later in the week. I'm not sure if the coil is bad, or if it is just the coil wire - the wire looked kind of messed up.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"