Re: [Amc-list] Bronze Valve Guide Question ???

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Greg Taylor wrote:

> Good morning all,
>   I am finishing up the installing of SB Chevy valves in my 304 heads. I'm going to finish the existing set with 1.94/1.60 valves, guide plates and studs, as well as a 52cc small chamber set with 1.94/1.50 valves & studs.
>
>   The 1.94/1.60 set already have bronze bushings installed inside the AMC cast iron guide.
>
>   However, would there be any problems with complete machining off the AMC valve guide casting and hogging them out for a 0.500" bronze bushing designed for SB Chevy valve stem diameter and seals?  This would be only on the 52cc head.

I put those valves (1.94in, 1.6ex) in a 75 304. Nice pictures
of the valve guides from the spring side. I forget all the
details except those that I put here

http://wps.com/AMC/valves/index.html

and here

http://wps.com/AMC/gremlin-motor.html

I never did run it on propane so some of that work was a
waste. But it was one sweet motor! I had a Edelbrock 500 on it,
and switched the axle back to the stock AMC20 3.15.