Re: [Amc-list] Door skin

Body work is like lowest on my list of skills... but I can tell
you this much... we had a 96 Honda that was an a**hole magnet
and got whacked, broken into, etc constantly. We bought it new
and kept it shiny (sold last year).

For those light, modern cars, with super thin outer skins of
some hard metal, dealers like to pop off skins and crimp on a
new one. Maybe that makes sense for a "new" car that's probably
designed for that sort of repair.

If a shop proposes handling a 1970 AMX that way, it tells me
they only know new cars. Being young has it's advantages but
skills isn't one of them -- they probably simply don't have the
experience to know NOT ALL CARS ARE MADE THE SAME! If they were
good, they'd say "I don't do that sort of work, go see Schmoo
down the street".

Find another shop with a grouchy old person who has a
clue. They're grouchy because they have to deal with all
snap-together products called cars today.