[Amc-list] Bronze Valve Guide Question ???

[Amc-list] Bronze Valve Guide Question ???

Good morning all,
  I am finishing up the installing of SB Chevy valves in my 304 heads. I'm going to finish the existing set with 1.94/1.60 valves, guide plates and studs, as well as a 52cc small chamber set with 1.94/1.50 valves & studs.

  The 1.94/1.60 set already have bronze bushings installed inside the AMC cast iron guide.

  However, would there be any problems with complete machining off the AMC valve guide casting and hogging them out for a 0.500" bronze bushing designed for SB Chevy valve stem diameter and seals?  This would be only on the 52cc head.

Here are two links for bronze SBC guides that I am considering :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev-Ford-THICKWALL-Bronze-valve-guides-flanged-EPN_W0QQitemZ120222187236QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120222187236

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bronze-Valve-Guides-Small-Block-sb-sbc-Chevy-Chevrolet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33617QQihZ010QQitemZ200199782272

These guides would work well with the SB Chevy teflon valve stem seals on SB Chevy valves:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Teflon-Positive-Valve-Stem-Seals-sb-sbc-Chevy-Chevrolet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33621QQihZ008QQitemZ180215375203

  Thanks for the feedback, everyone!  Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :)  <><

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.  - 1 John 5:11-12