Re: [Amc-list] Nash (Rambler) steering wheel puller

Re: [Amc-list] Nash (Rambler) steering wheel puller

Tom,

I'm pretty sure I've seen ads for these pullers in the AMCRC
classifieds. I just tossed the current one a couple of days ago so I'm
not sure who was offering them but you may want to check with either
Galvin's or Mac McCoy.

Matt

Tom Jennings wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Glen Hoag wrote:
>
>> I just had a peek into the '61 American TSM and looked at the
>> steering wheel puller.  The tool shown there, J-5290, looks like it's
>> about 3" long or so, and might be nothing more than a 3/4" pipe
>> nipple with a nut welded into the top end.  There appears to be a
>> taper on the business end.
>

> I'll get a piece and see if that's true; the threads look finer
> than that but it's a cheap enoguh test and would save a bunch
> of hassle!

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com