[Amc-list] Hold down spring yanker thing - huh?

[Amc-list] Hold down spring yanker thing - huh?

>From Matt: There's been a change in the hold down hardware that's being packaged
with the six cylinder spring kits. The type
(http://info.rockauto.com/Raybestos/H4092-1.jpg) the tool you've linked
to aren't being packaged anymore. The type that Bruce has
(http://info.rockauto.com/Raybestos/H7037-1.jpg) uses a T shaped
retainer that goes into the backing plate (the hole is just above the
backing plate when installed) and a spring that goes from the shoe to
the retainer.

***

Yep - that is exactly it on the second link. Before pestering the list, I took my hold down spring, retaining clip and a brake shoe to a couple autoparts stores asking for the tool I would use to either pull the loop through the hole in the backing plate, or push the loop through the hole in the plate and attach it to the clip. Visited an Autozone and a NAPA. Got blank stares (Autozone) and some good suggestions (Napa). Didn't bother with O'Reilly or PepBoys.

I'll check the Matco tool, but the suggestions on the list worked fine and the rear brakes are installed. Once again - thanks everyone for help and suggestions.