[Amc-list] Shock Absorber Recommendations

[Amc-list] Shock Absorber Recommendations

Does anyone out there have any recommendations or suggestions as to
what I should use as a replacement shock for the front end of a 67
Ambassador / Marlin?  Back "in the old days" I had Monroe Load
Adjusting Shocks (the ones with the helper springs) on the Marlin and
now they are past their prime.  Monroe, Gabriel, and KYB only specify
various rear shocks for my car and no mention of front ones.  I
noticed that Edelbrock makes hi-performance (high price) shocks for
Javelin, AMX, and AMC cars of the 70's but doesn't seem to dip back
into the 60's.  Also, I noted that Doug Galvin carries standard
replacement (oem type)front shocks but also a bit pricey for just a
standard pair at $80.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rich Morgan

'67 Marlin