Re: [Amc-list] Shock Absorber Recommendations

Re: [Amc-list] Shock Absorber Recommendations

" From: R MORGAN <edatlarge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Does anyone out there have any recommendations or suggestions as to
" what I should use as a replacement shock for the front end of a 67
" Ambassador / Marlin?  Back "in the old days" I had Monroe Load
" Adjusting Shocks (the ones with the helper springs) on the Marlin and
" now they are past their prime.  Monroe, Gabriel, and KYB only specify
" various rear shocks for my car and no mention of front ones.  I
" noticed that Edelbrock makes hi-performance (high price) shocks for
" Javelin, AMX, and AMC cars of the 70's but doesn't seem to dip back
" into the 60's.  Also, I noted that Doug Galvin carries standard
" replacement (oem type)front shocks but also a bit pricey for just a
" standard pair at $80.  Any thoughts?

there's some place - kanter? - that says they can get/make gas shocks
for any car, low pressure twin tube design.  when i had my marlin -
with factory hd springs - i put monroe gas on the back and these on
the front.  -great- ride.  i don't recall the price, but they were
less than galvin's.