-------------
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>

  I am also considering pulling the intake and heads while I'm at it and installing some 'built' heads.  I have the '79 304 (59 cc) heads I was building up for the 304 stroker turbo motor.  I have ported and polished them and they are currently machined for CHEVY Milodon Megaflow 1.94 Int & 1.50 Exh. valves (I know, they're smaller than stock 360).  I am considering having them machined for larger Chevy valves, as Milodon makes much larger Megaflow valves.

  How much larger can I go on a 360, with intake and exhaust valve size?

  The 304 heads had had the combustion chambers opened up as detailed in Performance American style, so they are probably about 61-62 cc's in size now.  How much would this drop the stock 360's 8.4:1 compression?  If it would drop too much, how much can I mill off the AMC heads, to bring compression back up?  IF I could machine 0.100" off the heads, there are 0.100" longer Chevy valves that would make up the difference in valve height so that "theoretically" the pushrod length would not be affected.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"