[Amc-list] Removing the fan belt (adjusting the alternator)

[Amc-list] Removing the fan belt (adjusting the alternator)

Okay - asking way too many dumb questions here. But, I'll ask anyway.
I want to remove the fan belt. I've got the 195.6 OHV 6. I checked the
alternator, and saw where it has a bolt to use to tighten it along an
arm (adjusting arm? whatever it's called). Anyway, I backed off the
bolt (actually pulled it out) from the alternator - so nothing is
connecting it to the arm. I then tried to move the alternator to
loosen up the fan belt. Not moving.

Is there another bolt I need to look for? Do I just pry it with a
piece of wood? Anyone got a pointer to removing the fan belt on the
196 OHV 6? I wanted to start working on the crank pulley with a strap
wrench to see if I could free it up a little.