[Amc-list] Any tricks in removing the drums?

[Amc-list] Any tricks in removing the drums?

Okay - I have the car on jack stands, and a floor jack under the
differential for good luck. Took off the left rear tire. Saw there is
no grease cap. Took the cotter pin off. Can't budge the castellated
nut that holds the drum on. Tried going left. Tried going right.
Sprayed everything down with WD40. No happiness.

Is there a trick in removing the big nut that holds the drum on? I
wanted to figure out what kind of brakes I have so I can order parts,
but can't seem to get past go. But I don't want to break anything.

So: what size wrench? (I'm just using a huge adjustable). Use a
cheater bar? Go counterclockwise or clockwise?

Also - once I know what kind of brakes I have in the back - do I
assume they are the same in the front? It's a '65 Rambler American 330
4 door sedan, no power brakes, manual transmission, 195.6 CU OHV 6. Or
take off a drum in front and double-check for good luck.

The "Grand Unified Brake List" (thanks!!!!) says Bendix 9x2.