Re: [Amc-list] Needed AMC American Front Brake Drums for 9" x 2" Brakest

Re: [Amc-list] Needed AMC American Front Brake Drums for 9" x 2" Brakest

> So far the BD2502 is the only approximate match. It fits, but leaves an
> 1/8" from the backing plate. I can get these wholesale for $40.

2502's are 9" x 2.5" Bendix drums. If you really have Wagner 9 x 2's then
there's something else going on.

Are they seating on the hub all the way flat?

> Does anybody have a better part number that will fit a 1963 AMC American?
> Any part number would be appreciated
> (Raybestos/Bendix/Wagner/Centric/Autospecialty/etc.) ?

> Does anybody have used ones that are not out of round and have some meat
> left on them? These are to be discarded on 9.090 inches normally...

Did you check out these part numbers?

RAY=raybestos
The UP and TS numbers are NAPA, leave off the two letters...

Turns out there are very few drums. Raybestos 2501's are 9x2, 2502 are
9x2.5 etc...

RAY 2501, 2501R, ACDELCO 18B512, NAPA UP6401106, UP6401217, TS4401105,
TS4401238, UP6401218, UP6401238

Rockauto has them cheap enough that even with shipping they were less than
local distributors.

> Does anybody know what other car drums might interchange?

<http://wps.com/AMC/AMC-brakes.html>

It's really ugly, but the data is there.