[Amc-list] Link to pics of the '65 Rambler American 330

[Amc-list] Link to pics of the '65 Rambler American 330

I took some pics of the car. I haven't pulled it home yet, that's next on
the list.

Pics are here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bruce.griffis/65RamblerAmerican

I'm thinking from the engine pic, it's a 196 OHV. Is that right? I'll pull a
drum off to get pics of the brakes next.

Basically, the car has been in a carport for a LONG time, and has a lot of
pollen on it. I can't wait to get it cleaned up and polished. I've got such
a strong hankering to put a new battery in, put some Marvel Mystery oil in
each cylinder, some gas in the tank, then try to crank it. I know I need to
drain the gas tank (been down that route with my middle son's kit car that
had been sitting for 10 years - we ended up having to rebuild the carb.
Luckily we replaced the gas tank before sucking up too much goo).

The interior has been refinished. The original owner didn't like the quality
of the interior - and her husband had it redone for a Christmas (or
Anniversary? I'll have to ask) present.

Standard Rambler dog dish hubcaps are in the car on the floor. The original
owner went with the after-market ones a long time ago. They're pretty cool,
too - in a retro kind of way. The only rust I saw was under the left
taillight. Looks like moisture is coming down from the carport roof, running
down the back window, traveling along the trunk, and ending up at the
taillight (hopefully I'm mistaken!) - but the trunk looks solid either way.

So - hope to get it home soon, and get to working on it.