Re: [Amc-list] Link to pics of the '65 Rambler American 330

Re: [Amc-list] Link to pics of the '65 Rambler American 330

Bruce; I just saw the pics of your car. I have a nice
65 440 and a 64 440-H, and I just dr5agged a 65 330
wagon home with a similiar story- the owner lived in
Costa Mesa (Calif) and moved up here in 91 for his
health, then died just weeks later. The car sat in his
car port since then and it is rust free, literally.
To free the engine, hopefully, try what I did once. I
have this engine soaking now waiting for it to free
up.
     Take out the plugs, and spray liberally with your
favorite penetrating fluid in each cyl. The place a
breaker bar on the harmonic balancer nut at about 2
o'clock with a weight on the end of the bar. The idea
is to allow the weight to place a steady pressure on
the bar and the pen fluid will work it loose.
If you try to crank it over frozen you might break a
tooth on the flywheel and if you force a frozen engine
you can strip the crank threads.
Give it a week to work loose, spraying more fluid each
day. If you see the breaker bar slowly lowering, then
you are OK......Russ