Re: [Amc-list] Link to pics of the '65 Rambler American 330

Re: [Amc-list] Link to pics of the '65 Rambler American 330

Yes, the engine is a 195.6 OHV.  As Tom J. can attest,
pushrods are easily bent on that engine if the valves
are sticking.  Tom's valves were sticking due to
varnish in the old gasoline on his car.   I would
advise you to take his advice about draining the tank
or at least try to start the car using an auxiliary
source of fresh fuel.  You'll want to clean up (or
possibly replace) the battery cables too, judging from
your underhood photos.

The wheel covers appear to be later model AMC wire
wheel covers.  Perhaps when you clean them up you may
be able to detect the AMC logo on the center hub.

I have a 65 American 4-door very similar to your car I
am trying to resurrect right now.

Regards,
Joe Fulton

http://picasaweb.google.com/bruce.griffis/65RamblerAmerican