Re: [Amc-list] Bedliner/foam in rails

-- Garry Nordstrom <gasnordstrom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark:  I am no doing the resto on the cj8 frame, I think the safe way is
> to  drill water escape holes in the frame to allow moisture to evaporate,
> this  was a common problem in the ford retracable hard top as well as the
> tail  lights of the car.

For frame rails I totally agree. On my 63 wagon I bored a couple of holes
under the front scuff panels (those aluminum jobs under the door) and ran a
hose in it, and poked all the drain holes open, and ran water til it was
clear. A LOT of dirt came out! ANd dirt traps water... Lucky me, California
car, came out of a junkyard, but no rust.