Re: [Amc-list] Jeep ammeter problem

The ammeter is a POS design best relegated to old cars with low output generators. (no offense intended) The harness on mine is jumpered directly to the battery from the alt and it has worked perfectly.

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Jeep ammeter problem
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

My J-10 alternator has quit charging, nothing showing on the ammeter -- discharge or charge, it sits at zero. Does this indicate a bad ammeter? Everything else electrical seems to work fine, I just have to charge the battery every few days (just using it for local errands in day-time). If it is the ammeter, I should be able to just disconnect it and splice the two wires, or simply put both wires on one of the studs, effectively using it as a splice, correct?