AMC Numbers Book

This is Frank Swygert, co-owner of the AMC-List. What I'm sending is an advertisement. List e-mail addresses ARE NOT given out to anyone. Tom Jennings and I are the only ones who can access the e-mail address data base. This is an "experimental" mail-out to see how you (list members) react.

Does anyone object to an occasional e-mail, either monthly or quarterly, with a list of new vendor products or a specific item? I won't start sending lots of direct e-mails. What I'm thinking is a monthly or quarterly message (or as items come up, but no more than monthly) with multiple products if other vendors would like to have messages sent. I WILL NOT give out the list addresses. What I would do is screen vendor requests and compose ONE digest type text only e-mail with all and links if they want to show pictures. That keeps the size of the e-mail down, and won't fill your e-mail box. I could put "ADVERTISEMENT" as the first word in the subject so you can delete without looking if you want. I have not offered this service to any vendors as of yet, I won't without your input. My only thoughts at this point is to e-mail new products that I put out (which are rare!) or special offers only for the list, like the one below.

The Red, White & Blue Book -- An American Motors Numbers Guide, 1955-1988

This is the book many of you have told me we AMC enthusiasts have needed for a long time! It contains all information to decode ALL informations numbers on ALL AMC cars. Decodes and explains series numbers, serial numbers, VINs, body numbers, model numbers, trim numbers (partial), paint numbers (code and name), final assembly numbers, engine serial numbers, engine day build code, engine under/over size codes, engine casting numbers (block, head, and crank), and engine colors. As a bonus there is a visual engine ID guide (photos of all engines) and a list of the most popular vendors and internet sites. I included everything I could think of that would help identify any AMC car or engine.

The book is a handy 5.5"x8.5" size. It has 66 pages of info and is spiral bound so it can be folded back when used in the field. The price is normally $20 post paid in the US, but I will extend my car show sale price of $15 post paid in the US to list members through the end of November (add $1 for shipment to Canada/Mexico, $2 for overseas). It will make a great Christmas gift for you or another AMC enthusiast!

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts