Re: [Amc-list] Wheel Stuff (Wheels of Steel, aka www.custombuiltsteelwhe

Re: [Amc-list] Wheel Stuff (Wheels of Steel, aka www.custombuiltsteelwheels.com)

> I'm trying to get ready to drive to the southern
> Nevada AMC show later this month and will need to
> determine my wheel width and hopefully get another
> wheel powdercoated before the meet.  My cheap
> powdercoater went out of business and the two shops I
> checked wanted $80 and $125 respectively to sand blast
> and powdercoat one wheel.

<http://www.custombuiltsteelwheels.com/>

(Jeff Stallings)

Check out this guy above -- he could have made me custom steel smoothies in
THREE DAYS! I think he can true, powdercoat, etc. My local tire shop
(Spence Wheel Alignment, Glendale CA) recommends them -- and they have
never steered me wrong (sic). The only reason I didn't go with them is that
I found out too late, after I'd ordered from Wheel Vintiques.

Jeff runs a small shop and can tell you exactly when he can do things.
Close to you too so shipping should be fast.

With new steel wheels $50 each it hardly pays to repair, short of an exact
restoration.

Stockton Wheel does good work, but they are slow and a bit erratic with the
order processin adn shipping, at least in my last order, which was somethin
like 4 weeks late.