[Amc-list] machine shop rebuild recommendations

[Amc-list] machine shop rebuild recommendations

Here are a few recommendations from an ASE Master Machinist (me, heh, heh,
heh)
 Go with PREMIUM RINGS!
CALL the cam mfg of your choice and get a recommendation from them!!
Generally speaking if it's an automatic you will want something "around"
205'-210'@ .050 for best torque and mileage. Add about 10' if it's a
straight drive.
I have had very good luck with Crane, Crower and Isky. I have NOT had good
relations with COMP!
Use an Aluminum intake with a carb matched to your USAGE.
If you're going to use headers DON'T SKIMP ON PRICE.
Make SURE that the shop can actually MEASURE your bearing clearances
(using gauges) and will give you a build sheet with all the specs on it.
HAVE IT BALANCED!!!

By FAR the biggest problem I see with DIY's is TOO BIG A CAM & CARB!!!!!

Remember when building a performance engine to check EVERYTHING !!!
Then check it again!!!

But HEY,,, that's just me!
Bruce Hevner