Re: [Amc-list] 63 american heater core

-- Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx <Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would look carefully at what condtion the rest of the system is in.
> If ANY of it failed inspection I'd toss it and go aftermarket.

It's in great shape. The fan motor runs fine, the fiberglas box in vrey
good condition, no cracks or damaged mounting holes, and the fabric/foam
lined air valve (OFF HEAT DEFROST) not much worse than new, somehow. No
rust inside, and I washed out all the bugs, pine needles and antifreeze.
Cables all work...

> You can also just pull that one and get one "close enough" seal the gaps
> with Foam epdm or metal or abc plastic sheet and foam.

I'll probably do this. The core is usual size, the nipples go 90 degrees
from the core and are 6" apart. The only odd thing is the angled mount, but
JB Weld will make those work.

> Or figure that
> $125 is the easiest way to fix it and just grin and bear it!

If a make-it-fit solution is more than half that cost, I'll just bite the
bullet.