[Amc-list] APD Caliper Resleeve

Guys,
I don't know what you're experience has been with APD but here's my story.
I sent my calipers down to APD for rebuilding. Not cheap, $400 + shipping both ways.
I had to ship my calipers to him because he said he needed to check out my
calipers to see if they were rebuildable. That's okay.  He also told me that he had none
in stock. I took that to mean that he would be rebuiding my calipers. Anyway
he had them for more than 2 weeks and sent them back to me.
On inspecting them, 1 caliper is fine but the other has part of the groove
where the dust boot goes, missing. By that I mean that it looks like they
cut the groove bigger to accomodate a different dust boot and the cutter
went through the side of the caliper and about 3/4 inch of the side of the
dust boot is showing.
I sent them 2 emails with an accompanying photo to ask what was going on.
They did not respond to either of them. That may be because there was an
attachment (the photo) included with the email.
I sent a regular email, without photo attached, and Doug called me right
away. That is where things started to go downhill.
First he said that they did not rebuild my original calipers for me.My misunderstanding.
Second, he said that he has seen the problem I described about the dust boot
on calipers from the factory and I should not worry about it.
Well, the way I look at it, I sent him 2 good calipers and he sent me back
only 1 good one. I think he's trying to stick me with a "second" and told
him so.
I offered to ship him the problem caliper at my expense if he would ship me back a caliper where the dust boot is not exposed.

He countered saying I would have to pay the shipping both ways because the "problem" with the caliper was purely cosmetic.

Well, that's not my belief and I would like to know if anyone out there has ever seen 1970 Bendix calipers with part of the dust boot seat missing.

Right now, I'm not a big fan of the product or customer relations of this supplier.
Don
1970 AMX
"The older I get, the better I was."