[Amc-list] Hornets, not the AMC kind.

The Blue Angels are in Salinas this weekend for the
airshow last night through Sunday. As many of you
know, the fly FA-18 Hornets.  The Canadian Snowbirds
are here too.

Today was absolutely picture perfect weather.  No
clouds at all and we had that central CA blue sky and
light breeze.  The Blues looked great contrasted
against that sky.  My home is about one mile from the
Salinas Airport so I can see much of the show from my
back yard.  A formation of Hornets over my house at
800 feet kinda shakes up the cat, though.

I changed out the lower door hinge on the Gremlin
today.  It was actually worn so bad that new hinge
bushings still allowed the door to sag and hang on the
latch.  I did it by myself, as I usually do, and it's
a bit of a chore for one person. The replacement hinge
came from a junkyard Gremlin I saw in LA many months
ago.

I have been reading the instructions for my wide band
oxygen sensor and will tune the BBD carb tonight or
tomorrow using that instrument.  I reset the timing to
10 degrees adv (idle) during the last tank of fuel and
got the mileage up to 13.6 mpg.  The car has a 3.08
axle but I may swap in a 2.73 axle next month.  The
car runs great.  It's just using too much fuel and
cruise.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA