Re: [Amc-list] T lube

-- Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx <Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not flaming here, just rambling on. My 01 Dakota has
> NO KEYLESS ENTRY, NO POWER LOCKS, NO POWER WINDOWS, NO CRUISE, NO TILT. I
> actually have gotten quite used to it again and the one thing I truly
> enjoy is that if it isn't there, it ain't going to break!!!

I'm heading back in time! I love my Hornet and all, but when I drive the 63
Classic, I recall why it's outlasted every other car I've ever owned.

Things that decrease reliability/interfere with driving (too much mediation
between meat and machine)/increase under-hood clutter: power steering,
power brakes, A/C, electric wipers (grindy grindy), sound system, electric
entry, alarms, plastic dash, plastic trim, foam seats.

Increase reliability/no aesthetic interference: electronic ignition,
alternator, fuel injection, disc brakes.

No opinion: manual vs. auto trans.

I did install A/C though... no regrets there except it's ugly under the
hood! I can imagine doing that again!